• Check to see if your senior photo is in the book now, under the tab Yearbook Information

• Check out the new concession stands brought you by to the PTO!

The Riveting Psychological Thriller: The Girl on the Train

Kylie Loberg, Staff Writer

The Girl on the Train is a nail-biting thriller that keeps the audience on the edge of their seat with varied plot twists. This film is in theaters now and is worth watching if you like an exciting shocker that will keep your eyes glued to the screen.

The movie may not be for everyone because of its R rating due to nudity, sex, and language; regardless, it will keep you guessing and it’s s highly recommended that people who like unexpected turns and complex characters go to the movie theater and watch this suspenseful film.

This thriller involves the main character, Rachel Watson (Emily Blunt) who is a total trainwreck; she is an alcoholic and presumed as insane. When we meet her, she is riding a train from Grand Central Terminal, obsessing over a couple who she doesn’t even know, Megan (Haley Bennett) and Scott (Luke Evans). One day while riding the train, Rachel sees something shocking unfold about Megan and Scott’s marriage in the couple’s backyard. Rachel lets the police know what she saw in the backyard after learning that Megan is missing. She doesn’t trust her memory due to past alcohol related events that alter her ability to recall what happened the night before. Troubled, Rachel starts an investigation of her own on the whereabouts of Megan and the secrets and lies she uncovers on the way are disturbing.

The film is not perfect; it has it’s flaws. It tends to be uncomfortable at times due to nudity. One of the main characters, Megan who is extremely sexual, has sex in at least four locations. (like out in the open in the woods. Blah!)  She even cheats on her husband with an abundance of men. Lots of characters will be the audiences’ enemies and many will develop a strong hatred towards the men in the movie (Tom played by Justin Theroux and Scott) who are very abusive, narcissistic and spiteful.

Overall, I would give The Girl on the Train four stars. It was a phenomenal film because of the amazing suspense and actors (especially Emily Blunt) who did an  exceptional job getting into character, but there were parts that were bizarre and misleading such as the weird nudity and random sexual situations. If you are the type of person that doesn’t mind the R rating, nudity and language; and loves intriguing films, unexpected twists and turns that will keep your eyes glued to the screen the entire movie, relax. Take some time out of your schedule during the week and go watch this movie at your local theater today!