• Check to see if your senior photo is in the book now, under the tab Yearbook Information

• Check out the new concession stands brought you by to the PTO!

The show was almost canceled

Laurel Hennig, Writer

This year the Sunset theater department is performing Mary Poppins for their annual Spring musical. On Wednesday, March 8th the Mary Poppins cast performed the first act for most of Terra Linda Elementary as a little teaser for what’s to come. Word says that the kids were in awe. The teaser was followed by Mary Poppin’s first four performances out of eight total. The shows went off without a hitch, and it seemed everyone had a fun time.  

However, behind the scenes, there is always something that goes wrong.  Luckily, it was stopped before the show avoiding cancellation. This year the event was a busted radiator. Actors Sam Neff, Jake Dellinger, and crew member Skylar Adkinson walked into the backstage of the auditorium to find it pooling with water and a steady fountain spewing from the pipe. The entire backstage crew was running around trying to stop it.  At one point the fountain was about 10 feet in the air. And if this mess of water wasn’t enough, it was also boiling. With hot water flowing out of the pipes, the steam eventually set off the fire alarm. Following the alarm, the fire department made a surprise visit.  They came to make sure everything was okay and help clean up then left once we had the water under control.  This chain of events made the first show of Saturday only 20 minutes late. A miraculous save if you ask me.  

“I also enjoy accidental saunas” Crew member Jacob Connelly joked after the fact.  All in all, it was a brilliant show despite its share of tough times. Another week of the shows is ahead and with that hopefully no more incidents.