• Check to see if your senior photo is in the book now, under the tab Yearbook Information

• Check out the new concession stands brought you by to the PTO!

Is Pineapple on pizza okay?

The pie above shows that 54% of sunset students like Pineapple on their Pizza. The poll was conducted on twitter and had close but unexpected results.

Bridgette Skiba, Staff Writer

Pineapple is a fruit that most people enjoy either by itself or as a flavor in a tropical drink. On the other hand, pizza is a popular food that consists of bread, tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings that are endless depending on who’s ordering the delicious pie. The classic pizza will usually have pepperoni, extra cheese, sausage, or olives. A majority of people at Sunset, however, do prefer to have pineapple on their pizza rather than not.

A twitter poll was posted to see what people´s views were on having this specific fruit on pizza. Surprisingly, even though pineapple pizza toppings have been getting a lot of hate on the internet, at Sunset more people voted for pineapple. It seems that pineapple-pizza haters are louder in expressing their pizza opinions instead of having the majority count.

In response to the poll, Nathan Waldman, a junior at Sunset replied on twitter ¨this is dumb pineapple sucks.¨ The numbers said otherwise.

On the other hand, Calum Nguyen, also a junior at Sunset replied to Waldman’s tweet with ¨Pineapple on pizza is why I eat pizza.” Non-pineapple haters like Nguyen voted for pineapple 54% over the haters who voted 46% out of a total of 84 votes.

Whether you believe in having this delicious fruit on pizza or not, the numbers don’t lie. A majority of people clearly find pineapple more appetizing on pizza even if they aren’t as expressive as the haters.